Women’s Leadership Initiative
WLI Toronto is committed to increasing the number and visibility of women in leadership roles at ULI Toronto and the industry in general, by promoting the value that ULI offers for women in the industry.
The Toronto District Council takes on a leadership role with WLI global and links to the ULI Building Healthy Places agenda by showcasing key women in planned programming.
The mission of the WLI is to:
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers as leaders within ULI and in the real estate industry
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions within ULI and in the real estate industry
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full Members and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions
- Increase the visibility of women leaders within ULI and in the real estate industry
2014 WLI CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM
On June 18th, 2014, the Toronto ULI Women’s Leadership Initiative announced its 2014 Championship Team. Each member of the inaugural Championship Team was nominated based on:
• Exceptional leadership and skill in the real estate development and land use disciplines;
• Dedication to, and success at, building thriving communities across the Toronto region; and,
• Capacity to inspire others in the industry.
Each of the 2014 Championship Team members is a champion in their own right. They make up Toronto region’s robust and progressive real estate development and land use sector. They come from elected government, public service, academia, non-profits, professional services, finance, and commercial and residential development.