POSITION TITLE: Marketing and Communications Assistant
DEPARTMENT: District Councils
POSITION STATUS: FULL TIME
ULI (URBAN LAND INSTITUTE)
ULI – the Urban Land Institute is a nonprofit research and education organization supported by its members. The mission of the Urban Land Institute is to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide.
With over 1500 members, ULI Toronto is the first Canadian District Council that provides an avenue for active dialogue between private industry, environmental organizations, and public agencies to help provide solutions to local and regional issues. Our members represent the entire spectrum of land use and real estate development disciplines, working in private enterprise and public sector.
The Marketing and Communications Assistant is a position at the ULI Toronto District Council.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
ULI is seeking an individual with an interest in land use development issues that under the supervision of the District Council Manager will support our staff team in the day to day marketing and communications activities of the District Council such as:
- Social media: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn + Social Media Campaigns
- Graphic design: event invitations, posters and brochures
- Media and press release support
- Update website and blog
- Create monthly eNewsletter
- Event Support: data entry and other event support as needed
ULI is seeking an individual with strong organization and time management skills, who can multitask, pay attention to detail, working independently and productively with a responsible follow through.
- Prior experience in marketing/ communications is an asset (but not required)
- An interest in land use and development issues
- Software skills including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to use content management system to update website and active presence on social media
Interested candidates are asked to submit a brief cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday Aug 7, 2017
We thank all applicants who apply but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted