The Toronto chapter of WLI was created in 2014 with a mandate to advance women in real estate and the Championship Team was born with the first 80 members. The WLI Championship Team profiles women real estate experts and leaders and recognizes the talent that exists in our city region. Each year a subset of the most influential women in the Toronto real estate community and land use sector will be chosen as Champions and formally inducted at the annual WLI reception. In 2016, 23 women were selected based on their contributions in the Toronto real estate and land use sector.
The Toronto ULI Women’s Leadership Initiative is currently taking nominations for the 2017 Championship Team. Successful Championship team members are selected based on:
- A minimum 10 years in the industry;
- Exceptional leadership and skills in the real estate development and land use disciplines;
- Dedication to, and success at, building thriving communities across the Toronto region;
- Capacity to inspire others in the industry; and
- Commitment to their community shown through leadership in community organizations.
Current ULI and WLI Members are invited to nominate a woman for the 2017 Championship Team. Nominations are due by March 31, 2017. Please consider the women you interact with who exemplify the characteristics of the best of Toronto’s real estate and land use sector. One nomination per member please.
The 2017 Championship Team will be announced at the upcoming WLI June Event.
Stay tuned for details on this exciting event.
Meg Davis and Ornella Richichi
WLI Toronto Co-Chairs
ULI Toronto District Council