POSITION TITLE: Events Assistant
DEPARTMENT: District Councils
REPORTS TO: Director
POSITION STATUS: FULL TIME
ULI (URBAN LAND INSTITUTE)
ULI – the Urban Land Institute is a nonprofit research and education organization supported by its members. The mission of the Urban Land Institute is to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide.
With over 1600 members, ULI Toronto is the first Canadian District Council that provides an avenue for active dialogue between private industry, environmental organizations, and public agencies to help provide solutions to local and regional issues. Our members represent the entire spectrum of land use and real estate development disciplines, working in private enterprise and public sector.
The Events Assistant is a Full-Time position within the District Council. As an integral part of the District Council team, the Events Assistant serves as a liaison between the District Council, ULI headquarters, and the Toronto land use professionals.
The Events Assistant works directly with Toronto Staff to support the activities of the District Council’s Program Committee, WLI (Women’s Leadership Initiative) Committee, ULI Connect (Under 35) Committees, Outreach Committees, Membership Committee and the upcoming ULI Symposium – interfacing with these committees to ensure that all committee work is consistent with ULI’s policies and procedures and that the District Council’s goals and objectives are met.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
ULI is seeking an individual with an interest in land use development issues that can support our ULI team in the day to day activities of the District Council.
- Support the District Council team with the activities relating to the Program, WLI, Connect, Outreach, Membership Committee and the upcoming Symposium (1 day conference)
- Assist in producing and implementing meetings/events and assuring that assignments are carried forth between committee meetings.
- Handle the administrative details of all programs and campaigns.
- Attend committee meetings, take minutes, scheduling meetings and other aspects of committee work.
- Support the District Council team in all logistics of meetings and events.
- Responsible for uploading events onto our member database, setting up registration and creating event notifications.
- Inputting names / addresses of members in the database, registering guests to the programs, badge printing, and assisting in all aspects of event planning.
- Registering guests to program
- Assist in all aspects related to event preparation (creating signage, printing badges, etc.).
- Working with volunteers and staff on onsite logistics at events- this includes morning and evening events.
- Support the District Council team in assignments carried out between meetings.
- Assist with scheduling of meetings.
- Manage office, order office supplies.
- Access District Council member and non-member records to produce reports.
- Forward names and addresses of prospective members to the ULI Customer Service Depart.
- Forward any name/address/phone/ email changes to ULI Customer Service Depart.
- Receive and answer phone/email inquiries from District Council members/non-members.
- Order and store printed materials (i.e., ULI letterhead, masthead, envelopes, badge stock).
- Maintain an adequate inventory of ULI District Council materials.
- Couriers, errands and other duties as assigned.
ULI is seeking an individual with strong organization and time management skills, that can multitask, pay attention to detail, working independently and productively with a responsible follow through.
- Prior experience in administrative support and /or event management is an asset.
- Someone with an interest in land use and development issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity of WordPress is an asset as well as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to use basic content management systems and pull data for reports.
Interested candidates are asked to apply here before Friday June 15, 2018.
We thank all applicants who apply but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted