Engaged in the next generation of real estate professionals, ULI Connect brings together emerging talent with their peers and established industry leaders through events, mentoring and professional development courses.
ULI members are leaders who are committed to growing new ideas and improving their communities. Whether you wish to be involved at the local or global level, ULI has the right opportunity for you.
There are many ways that you can become involved with ULI Toronto. Whether it’s coordinating or moderating an event, joining our membership, becoming part of a committee, or providing feedback to us on how we can serve the industry and regional communities more effectively, we would welcome your involvement.
Completely new to ULI Toronto? Take the opportunity to join us and attend our next webinar to get a feel for the organization. Moreover, take a moment to browse the various programs we offer that are featured throughout this section.
As a member-based organization, none of our work would be possible without the support of our volunteer committees. Our committees are composed of ULI members active in the field of land use and real estate and are chaired by dedicated ULI leaders that have been appointed by staff and our board.
The Urban Land Institute’s Toronto District Council is committed to advancing ULI’s mission to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide. ULI Toronto is the leading multidisciplinary real estate organization in the region for expanding your network and increasing your industry knowledge.
A key objective of ULI Toronto is to increase diversity and inclusion in our organization and in the real estate and land use industries. We believe diversifying our membership, raising the profile of our diverse members, and welcoming their different perspectives allows us to better fulfill ULI’s mission of creating and sustaining thriving, resilient, and equitable communities.
Expectations of Committee Members
- Lead or support at least one committee program or project as a sub-committee member
- Be an active contributor to the committee (e.g. active participation in committee meetings, reviewing meeting minutes, completing assigned action items within set deadlines, etc.)
- Be proactive in identifying goals, objectives, and ideas to drive the organization’s membership and growth
- Support ULI Toronto programs (e.g. attend major programs, webinars, invite industry contacts to participate, volunteer as a mentor, etc.)
- Be familiar with the products and services provided by ULI and publicly promote them
- Attend 75 percent of committee meetings per year (3 excused absences) – your participation is critical to the operations of the committee and ULI Toronto overall
- Be a ULI member in good standing
- Serve a minimum two-year term, which may be renewed
Appointment Process & Timing
- January – April: Application Window (closes 4/30/21)
- May: Candidate vetting for leadership roles (by Governance Committee) and committee, affinity group, and program membership (by relevant leadership)
- June: New leadership and members confirmed and notified of their appointment
- June/July: Incoming leaders to “shadow” outgoing leaders prior to commencement of their term on July 1, 2021
- July 1, 2021: Commencement of two-year terms for incoming leadership and relevant committee, affinity group, and program members
Login to Navigator to view the open opportunities at ULI Toronto
The Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee was launched in November 2019 and is now an active part of ULI Toronto’s work in addressing issues of equity, diversity and inclusion in city building and furthering our responsibility to create a sustainable and thriving future for the Toronto region.
This committee is comprised of students from various real estate and development-related faculties. Student representatives act as a liaison between students and ULI, promoting programs and events, providing feedback, and helping to brainstorm and organize new student events.
The WLI is committed to increasing the number and visibility of women in leadership roles at ULI Toronto and the industry in general, by promoting the value that ULI offers for women in the industry.
The Communications Committee builds awareness of ULI Toronto’s mission and promotes its programs and events to the membership and the community through the website, social media, e-newsletter, and other marketing and PR initiatives.
The Membership Committee recruits new members, develops strategies for reaching prospective members, and follows up on membership leads.
The Outreach Committee is charged with reaching out to local organizations and bodies active in the real estate development and land use fields to make ULI and its mission known to them, and to explore how ULI may work with them on areas of common concern.
The Program Committee is responsible for the development and implementation of the events and education opportunities offered by ULI Toronto.