The Opportunity: Assistant Development Manager
Waterfront Toronto is seeking an Assistant Development Manager to assist with managing a variety of development and real estate functions integral to the development of waterfront precincts, ensuring compliance with the principles of the Corporation and with the objectives set out in applicable Precinct Plans.
- Assisting senior management with the implementation of development projects, including the monitoring of obligations, facilitation of municipal development approvals and management of relationships with stakeholders and development partners.
- Supporting the preparation of development strategies and municipal planning approval processes such as Precinct Plans, zoning and subdivision and working collaboratively with the Senior Vice President, Development, Directors of Development and Development Planning and other departments to assist with public procurement processes, developer proposal call processes and other real estate activities and transactions.
- Developing and managing proposal calls for the procurement of services in support of planning and development.
Working collaboratively with other departments to provide innovative strategies for ensuring that the highest standards of excellence in design, city-building, and sustainability are achieved through municipal approvals and development transactions.
- Researching, analyzing and providing strategies and recommendations to the Senior Vice President, the Directors of Development and Development Planning as well as other senior managers on a variety of issues related to planning and real estate development, including housing affordability and aging in place.
- Assisting with a variety of funding requests, which could include working with federal, provincial and municipal officials on feasibility and financing strategies, and monitoring developments in the waterfront.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., Planning, Architecture or related degree) or equivalent in experience and a minimum of three years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in real estate development and related activities, which may include land acquisition and disposition, municipal development approvals (e.g., secondary planning, re-zoning, site plan approval), the application of best practices and an understanding of development finance and financial analysis.
- Experience with urban revitalization, private, public or non-profit development projects that include affordable housing, office or mixed-use components, or green building technologies will be a strong asset.
- Knowledge of the development process in the City of Toronto, including an understanding of applicable policies and the municipal development approvals and environmental regulatory processes.
- Experience conducting research and analysis.
- Strong leadership and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for negotiating with a broad range of partners and stakeholders.
Salary: We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Candidates should email their resume and cover letter, together in one (1) PDF document to: email@example.com quoting File #21-05, no later than May 2, 2021.
Waterfront Toronto is committed to representing the diversity of the city of Toronto on our team by fostering a positive and progressive workforce. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. We are also committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please let us know so that, subject to measures constituting undue hardship, the appropriate accommodations can be in place throughout the selection process.
No telephone inquiries please. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.