POSITION TITLE: Associate, ULI Toronto
DEPARTMENT: District Councils
LOCATION: Toronto, Canada
REPORTS TO: Director, ULI Toronto
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time
DATE OF REVISION: May 2019
As a part of the district council team, the Associate serves as a liaison among ULI headquarters, district council staff, ULI Toronto members, and ULI Toronto Sponsor firms. The Associate is often the first point of contact for the organization, so it is imperative that the she or he be courteous and professional. Strong candidates for this position will be highly organized, detail-oriented, obsessed with accuracy, effective multitaskers, and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
The Associate supports the Executive Director and district council staff in district council operations, including office management, administrative support, event execution, meetings, finances, and sponsorship.
ULI is seeking an individual with an interest in land use development issues that can support our ULI team in the day to day activities of the District Council.
- Manages accounts receivable and accounts payable for the district council office
- Works closely with the remote ULI finance team to ensure timely payment of monthly bills, vendor invoices, and reimbursements.
- Works with Executive Director to approve all expenses and submits to ULI National
- Invoice and track sponsorship payments.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Treasurer to monitor financial performance and resolve accounting issues.
- Assist in annual budget development and reconciliation.
- Produce contracts for vendors and contractors.
- Works closely with the Director to execute the annual sponsorship campaign.
- Mail merge and mail out sponsorship materials to prospective sponsors.
- Invoice and track payment of pledged sponsorship.
- Manage and track sponsor benefits: such as complimentary memberships and event passes.
- Coordinate logistics for the annual sponsor.
- Produce reports for the Director and Sponsorship Committee as needed.
- Works closely with the district council team to ensure smooth operations of the council.
- Assist with scheduling of meetings for the Executive Director and for specific programs, sub-committees, roundtables and other critical meetings and events.
- Manage and responds to phone/email inquiries from main phone line and inbox.
- Assists in event planning: registering guests, logistics and badge preparation.
- Support the District Council team in assignments carried out between meetings.
- Works with customer service department to answer member inquires and update profiles.
- Use reporting system to produce reports for the Executive Director and other staff
- Maintain an adequate inventory of ULI District Council materials.
- Manage office, order office supplies.
- Couriers, errands and other duties as assigned.
- 1- 3 years of related administrative assistant experience, preferably in a mission-driven nonprofit, professional services, or real estate/land use setting.
- Scheduling experience and ability to schedule multiple meetings with calendar invites
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to work with senior executives in industry
- strong organization and time management skills, that can multitask, pay attention to detail, working independently and productively with a responsible follow through.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to initiate tasks and assume responsibility for them, and to work with minimal supervision in a high-production position.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, handle multiple tasks concurrently and completely, and complete tasks on time, with responsible follow-through.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity of WordPress is an asset as well as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to use basic content management systems and pull data for reports.