HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
- Prepares and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. as directed by others utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- With direction from the project designer or more senior design professionals, develops, modifies, and/or reviews drawings ensuring the incorporation of design intent.
- Works closely with design team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
- Assist in developing project scope, plan, and services and during the contract process. Translates planning concepts into comprehensible terms for clients, designers and project team members.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of clients’ program requirements and standards and policies for completion
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Builds models for client/project team review.
- Compiles data and performs elementary design computations.
- Performs product research; assists project designers and project architects with materials selection and system research.
- Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
- May assist team in construction administration document management.
- May mentor and direct the work of intern staff.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Travel may be required.
- Some overtime may be required.
- The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented any time at the sole discretion of HOK.
- Basic hand and CAD drafting skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit and BIM required.
- Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
- Basic knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Basic knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to build physical models.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture required
- 5 to 7 years’ experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required.
- LEED accreditation or Green Associate preferred.