HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
GREETING AND POINT OF CONTACT
- Represent HOK as the initial and final point of contact for employees, clients, visitors and callers
- Provide an exceptional guest experience to clients and visitors at HOK, exemplifying the warm company culture and professionalism through visitor engagement
- Accurately direct incoming phone calls with energy and professionalism
- Build meaningful relationships with employees and guests through in-person connections
EVENT AND EXPERIENCE MANAGEMENT
- Work with the Office Manager in the coordination, scheduling, engagement and set-up of HOK events
- Arrange beverage service, catering as required, room set-up and clean-up for client / vendor meetings
- Manage correspondence with vendors to plan in-office learning opportunities for designers and architects
- Maintain the appearance and atmosphere of the lobby and boardrooms in a neat, professional and attractive manner
- Train and support relief reception staff, update training manual when required
- Take personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices
- Organize and direct incoming/outgoing mail, courier packages and faxes
- Make meeting room and video conference room (ACR) bookings; arrange presentations and massage therapy
- Oversee safe keeping and signing out of general equipment, cameras, projectors and laptops from reception
- Provide administrative assistance to Office Manager, IT Manager and Senior Studio Team Members
- Maintain library InfoHub, continuing education and skills registry database as required.
- Responsible for ordering and stocking catering supplies, and arranging maintenance of equipment
- Prepare new hire orientation kit
Professionalism: courteous manner and client service oriented
- Communication skills: effective oral and written skills with ability to interact with vendors, clients, and staff
- Interpersonal skills: welcoming, friendly, and reliable, able to make connections and set the tone for the office
- Solution oriented: ability to predict and identify the needs of staff and clients then execute effective solutions
- Adaptability: expert multi-tasker and prioritizer when faced with several tasks, capable of juggling multiple calls and guests at one time while ensuring each feel their needs are taken care of
- Independence: capable of working and problem solving with little to no supervision
- Organizational skills: attention to detail, maintain a tidy office space, strong skills in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Requires post-secondary studies. Hospitality experience is an asset
- Minimum 5 years administrative experience in the architecture/design industry preferred
- Previous switchboard/reception and clerical/related office experience preferred.
- Travel may be required.
- Overtime may be required.
- The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of HOK.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.