TORONTO (July 26, 2023) – Urban Land Institute (ULI) Toronto this year blasted through previous local and global attendance records as the home of the real estate and development industry for the Toronto Region. This was the year of the 2023 ULI Spring Meeting in Toronto (finally!). After pausing its plans in 2020 due to the pandemic, ULI Toronto hosted the first global ULI Spring Meeting since the mid-1980s in May 2023 with more than 4,800 registrations. This makes the ULI Spring meeting in Toronto one of the highest attended four days of programming Spring Meeting in the history of ULI.
ULI Toronto continues to lead the District Council network with highest registrations for its year-long city-building programming. This past year’s registrations to its on-line and in-person events surged to the largest ever year at 14,099 with 68 events, averaging over 200 registrations per event.
As it continues its trajectory in helping transform and advance impact in communities across the region, ULI Toronto is excited to welcome new Management Committee members and thank its outgoing members:
- Jordan Kemp, Senior Director, Development, Dream Unlimited, has joined ULI Connect earlier this year to succeed Stephanie Rosales, Manager, Development, Quadreal Property Group.
- This fall Melissa Daly-Buajitti, Client Solutions Manager, CBRE Limited will succeed Vickey Simovic, Development Manager, RioCan REIT, as Co-Chair of ULI Connect.
- Jonathan Tinney, Principal, SvN Architects + Planners succeeds Arthur Ho-Wong, Senior Property Officer, Metrolinx as Outreach Committee Co-Chair.
- Denine Das, SVP/Head of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, Infrastructure Ontario has joined Jennifer Khan, Vice President, Inclusive Diversity at EllisDon as Co-Chair of the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Reconciliation Council. (DEIR).
- Joe Svec, CEO, Svec Group has joined John Lilly, Partner, Render Developments as Membership Co-Chair.
- Samantha Lam, Vice President, Accounts kg&a Incoming ULI Communications Co-chair will succeed Vakis Boutsalis, Vice President and Partner kg&a as Outgoing ULI Communications Co-chair.
- ULI Toronto thanks our past Mentorship Committee Co-Chairs Chris Markovic, CEO, PMA Brethour and Shwaan Hutton Director, Development, Graywood Developments and welcomes Danielle Feidler, Formerly SVP, Brand Experience, Tridel and Brendan Whitsitt Founder, Imprint Development.
- We would also like to congratulate Global Governing Trustee and past ULI Toronto District Council Chair Derek Goring for being appointed as CEO of Northcrest Developments and Emma West, Partner, Bousfields, Global Governing Trustee and past ULI Toronto District Council Chair for being appointed WLI (Women’s Leadership Initiative) Global Chair of the Urban Land Institute starting July 1, 2023.