This year’s program will run from September 2023 to July 2024 and features a new Group Mentorship option.
Applications now closed!
MISSION OF MENTORSHIP
The ULI Toronto Mentorship Program provides high-quality, safe and inclusive mentorship environment governed by trust, discretion and open communication for ULI Toronto Members.
The Mission of the program is to:
- Build Intentional Relationships: By providing a unique opportunity for current and future leaders to build rewarding, life-long relationships while collectively exploring the past, present and future of their careers.
- Reflect the Diversity of our Membership and the City: By providing personalized mentorship experiences from a wide range of senior real estate professionals, reflecting strong, confident identities with deep levels of expertise, experience and thought.
- Assist with Career Development: By empowering participants to be more proactive in identifying, planning and achieving their career goals while providing learning opportunities and resources to help participants build their professional networks within our industry.
- Strengthen the Industry: By supporting the inclusion, retention, development and advancement of future leaders in city building, while infusing the industry with new ideas and perspectives.
- Impact the Discourse: By facilitating trusted relationships that encourage Mentor-and-Mentee interactions as well as ‘reverse’ mentoring; we support mutually beneficial opportunities to learn and ideate.
- Become a ULI Gateway Experience: By serving as a bridge for program participants to engage with ULI more broadly, by encouraging involvement across the organization and promoting attendance at ULI events.
GROUP & ONE-ON-ONE MENTORING
The core of the Mentorship Program is a once monthly meeting between Mentors and Mentees. The Program uses a hybrid model of participation so we can engage and support the greatest number of participants. Over the course of the eleven (11) month program, there will be a combination of in-person and virtual relationship-building and career development events that bring all Mentors and Mentees together.
In addition to these events, Mentors and Mentees, depending on preferred format, will schedule one-on-one or small group meetings which can be held in any convenient format they mutually choose.
Please note due to limited space and availability, ULI does not guarantee preference or Program participation but encourages all to apply, including prior year Program participants.
2023 – 2024 PROGRAM SCHEDULE
The Mentorship Program requires Mentors and Mentees to meet monthly and includes a series of 1-2 hour social and guided sessions listed below. Based on Mentor and Mentee feedback ULI will continue to use a ‘hybrid model’ with a mix of in-person and virtual events that will provide additional schedule flexibility and higher engagement for our participants.
- September 2023: Social Kick-off Session
- September 2023: Virtual “Speed Date” Exchange
- October 2023: Pairings Confirmed
- December 2023: Social & Program Idea Exchange
- March 2023: Career Development Session
- July 2023: Social & Program Wrap Up Event
Timing and program formats are subject to change, but we will always work to provide you with as much advance notice as possible of any revisions.
Mentees: $225 CAD + HST
- Must be a member of ULIMust have at least 2 years of relevant full-time working experience
- Not open to full/part-time students in undergraduate/graduate program
Mentors: No Cost
- Preferred member of ULI
- Must have 10+ years of relevant full-time working experience